Hello to all of my 6 blog followers! A late Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!
After the pattern review contest for Children in September I think I burnt myself out from my self imposed sewing schedule. I think one or two completed sewing items a month is a nice pace for me. Although this month I set myself another grueling schedule.
Earlier this month when the Christmas fabric was 70% off at JoAnn’s I had decided to make my family of 4 all pajama pants for Christmas morning. That is on top of the 2 pillows, a ring stacker, and a stuffed shark. I did really well with my list. I finished 3 of the 4 pants (only mine weren’t finished), the ring stacker for my daughter’s birthday earlier this month (I have 2 birthdays, a wedding anniversary, and Christmas all in December), and the two pillows for my son’s Paw Patrol tent he got for Christmas. The shark is cut out and waiting to be sewn. I will try and finish that up in January, I’m not too worried about finishing it because my son has plenty of gifts to open for his birthday.
The only other things I’ve made recently are dresses for my daughter. I made a Halloween dress instead of a costume and a Thanksgiving dress. Both dresses made from Hobby Lobby fabric I had bought for different projects. The Halloween dress was made using the Oliver + S Building Block Dress Book. I just did the basic dress with Kam snaps instead of buttons. I loathe buttonholes. This book is wonderful and as my daughter is in the smallest size now, 6-12 months (she just turned 1 but is petite), I will get a LOT of used from it. The size range ends at size 12 and considering how much I like the book I am debating whether I should buy a second copy because the one I have will eventually wear out.
Her Thanksgiving dress was a last minute sew. I made it in 3 days and used Simplicity 1547. It is a Project Runway pattern I received from a cousin. Her daughter is 5 and I get all her hand me down patterns, LOVE IT! (As if I need anymore patterns.) The dress turned out great, just don’t look at the inside (I only used pinking shears throughout). The only disappointment I had was that I wanted to use the contrasting fabric for the bottom ruffle, but unfortunately since it was fabric intended for a different project I did not have enough.
Next up a post about my goals for 2017 sewing and life.
Have a safe and wonderful New Year’s!
Kind wishes to you and yours,